Toyota Certified Used Vehicles (TCUV)
Not every used vehicle makes the mark to be called "Certified". They must pass many tests, which gives you the best value for a pre-owned vehicle. Only the best can make the mark - why settle for anything less?
In order for a used Toyota vehicle to become Certified, it must undergo a 160-point inspection. This includes all parts of the car:
- Exterior: no dents or other damage
- Interior: all seats and surfaces are free of excessive fading, wear or damage
- Engine: all parts within are working correctly, and any related fluids are filled and ready to use
- Electronics: speedometer, odometer, audio and displays are in working order
- Structure: frame is free of damage
- Many more: to see the full list of 160 points of the check, visit Toyota's website.
In addition, the vehicle can only be up to six model-years old, including the current model year, and have less than 85,000 miles on the odometer. Add that to your peace-of-mind while buying a vehicle.
Every Certified Toyota car, truck, SUV or van also comes with a CARFAX history report, so you can feel safe knowing that the vehicle has never been in an accident.
Toyota Certified Used Vehicle Warranty
All warranties are transferrable to the next owner of the vehicle, at no cost to you.
What types of warranties are available on Certified vehicles?
- 12-month/12,000-mile Comprehensive Warranty
- Covered until whichever comes first, starting from the date that the TCUV was purchased
- 7-year/100,000-mile Limited Powertrain Warranty
- Covered until whichever comes first, starting from the date that the vehicle was purchased new
- 1-year of Roadside Assistance - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Starting from the date that the TCUV was purchased
- Includes: towing to the nearest Toyota dealership and most services, including flat tires, jump starts, lockout service, fuel delivery
Wondering what is covered under a TCUV Warranty? The limited powertrain warranty covers the following components:
- Engine components
- Axle assembly components
- Automatic transmission
- Manual transmission
- Hybrid components
As long as you're under warranty, participating Toyota dealerships will cover the cost of these parts and services.
If you have any questions about Toyota Certified Used Vehicles, their certification process or how to finance them, contact us today! Complete the form to the right and we'll get in contact with you, or feel free to call us at 888-395-1199 during business hours.