NH Toyota Dealership & Administration Fees
Why an Administration Fee?
The Administraion Fee, also known as a Services Fee, addresses costs incurred by the dealership that are separate from those paid to acquire the vehicle. The "Admin Fee" recognizes some of the costs related to compliance with federal and state laws which provide for safety, consumer protection, anti-theft measures, vehicle history checks, notifications, certifications, official filings, the Privacy Act & new Red Flag laws & compliance. Much work and expense occur even before a document is ready to be used, and there are many documents. Before vehicles can be sold, dealers must invest in personnel training to carry out legal mandates. Not all transactions involve the same services, but all carry many legal requirements and documents to support those requirements.
Car, Truck, Motorcylce and other dealers must comply with state and federal laws, rules and regulations specific to motor vehicles, which are implemented and enforced by the following state and federal agencies:
* New Hampshire Department of Safety
- Division of Motor Vehicles
- Inspection and Dealer Program Unit
- New Motor Vehicle Arbitration Board
- Vehicle Emissions Program
- State Police
* New Hampshire Banking Department
* New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
* New Hampshire Attorney General
* New Hampshire Insurance Department
* New Hampshire Department of Labor
* New Hampshire Traffic Safety Administration
* Federal Trade Commision
* Federal Reserve Board
* U.S. Internal Revenue Service
* U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
* Federal Bureau of Investigation
* U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency
* U.S. Customs Service
* U.S. Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
* U.S. Department of Labor
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
* U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service
* U.S. Office of Foreign Assest Control
* U.S. Research and Special Products Administration
* Federal Highway Administration
* Federal Motor Carriers Association
* Check vehicle safety, history and titles
* Provide full condition information on the window label
* Discover and disclose accurate vehicle mileage
* Check for recalls on used vehicles where required
* Complete required forms and contracts that protect your interests
* Process titles and plates
* File and clear liens
* Keep your information private and secure
* Fulfill vehicle emissions laws
* Pass along manufacturer information, including Lemon Law notices
* Process rebates on your purchase
* Keep you informed of your rights and obligations
* Keep important records of your purchase
* Purchase required forms and supplies
* Maintain technology to process your paperwork faster
* Train staff to carry out laws that protect you
* Maintain professional licenses that ensure quality service
* Maintain required Dealer Bond
Why so many forms?
Most forms are required to fulfill New Hampshire and federal laws; others are often necessary for accounting, financing or manufacturer rebate reimbursement or notification.
Dealers must collect non-public, personal information that may be required as a result of a credit or title application. They do not ask for personal information unless it is required, because Hurlbert Toyota of Epping NH takes your privacy seriously.
It's the New Hampshire Way:
NH Dealers share an interest in creating consumer laws that keep customers' satisfaction high and the industry healthy. For that reason, NHADA dealer member companies have joined the NH Department of Safety - Division of Motor Vehicles, the NH Banking Dept, the NH Insurance Dept, the NH Dept of Justice - Consumer Protection Division, and other agencies in creating strict laws regarding vehicle sales. Click Here to view our listing with the Better Business Bureau!
Peace of Mind:
New Hampshire dealers must be licensed by the state. In order to qualify for a license, they must meet requirements regarding financial stability, proper dealership facilities, record-keeping and more. Licensing offers you the peace of mind that the dealership staff has the knowledge needed to do business the right way.